The statements being made by Trident and its partners are not an accurate description of the situation on Island Innovator. There have been no critical safety incidents. The BOP has been checked and tested by the OEM representative on board the rig and declared safe and ready for operations. Island Drilling is evaluating all legal recourse at its disposal to contest the termination.
To be clear, we do not compromise with safety! Our onshore and offshore personnel work together as one team to ensure a safe workplace for all.
- We are committed to strictly adhering to IOGP life-saving rules in all aspects of our operations, prioritizing safety as a fundamental value within our organization
- Our Risk Management, built on the international risk standards, is well integrated into our planning and preparation processes
- Central to our safety culture is our Safety Observation Program. Our employees consistently utilize this observation system across all facets of our operations, ensuring that potential hazards are identified and mitigated promptly
- To uphold our safety standards, work permits undergo an additional in field check to verify compliance with our procedures and regulatory requirements
- Offshore Management conducts on a daily, weekly and monthly basis inspections to verify adherence to international regulations, with a focus on safety, environmental sustainability, and quality assurance
CEO, Roger Simmenes